Anointing of the Sick
Lemont Catholic Anointing of the Sick Bilingual Mass
On Saturday, November 9th SS. Cyril & Methodius Parish will celebrate the Anointing of the Sick at the 11 AM Mass. This will be a bilingual (English-Polish) Mass.
We extend an invitation to those in our Lemont Catholic Family who feel that the Celebration of Anointing will provide help for them in sickness and aging of their bodies.
In the past, the anointing was done near the time of death. Theology today understands anointing as the Sacrament of the Sick rather that at the time of approaching death. The Anointing of the Sick is the prayer of Christ and His Church for the physical and spiritual health of the sick person.
Who may be anointed?
* A sick person may be anointed before he/she undergoes surgery, whether or not the surgery is serious.
* Persons with chronic illness.
* Older persons, even if they are not suffering from dangerous illness.
* Mentally disabled persons and chemically dependent persons.
* A sick child may be anointed in order to be comforted and uplifted by the Sacrament.
After the Mass, there will be a luncheon for all those who attend in our Parish Life Building. In order for us to prepare for this luncheon, we ask that you RSVP by calling Trish at 630-257-2776 or emailing her at email@example.com no later than Wednesday, October 30. You can also fill out the form below and return it in the collection basket.
Anointing of the Sick Luncheon RSVP
How many will attend: __________________________
Please RSVP no later than October 30th. We hope you can join us for food and fellowship!